that time I participated in wipmarathon


Intro:

Marathon Goal: I just started working on my newest YA contemporary, currently untitled. I'm about 13k in and I would love to finish the first draft by the end of August. I'm shooting for somewhere between 65k-75k (I don't know, possibly longer??)

Stage of writing: Writing my first draft!

What inspired my current project: This is a YA Contemporary. I came up with the idea over a year ago and about a week ago it flooded my mind and I started working on it again. The inspiration comes somewhere from "Gilmore Girls" but a much darker version.

What might slow down my marathon goal:  My time management. Sometimes I can pump out 10k a day, others I'm lucky if I get a sentence.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh... a darker Gilmore Girls. Very intriguing. Good luck!
    --Amanda Shayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also at around 13k on my piece! 65 - 75k would be super impressive! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, fellow #WIPMarathon-er! :) That's a lot of words to get in a month - I sure couldn't manage 10K in a day even if it was a very good writing day!

    Here's my Intro Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at Gilmore Girls. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a problem with time management sometimes, too. Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10k a day? Bowing, bowing. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I also love Gilmore Girls. The writing on that show is just great. Good luck meeting your goal!

    ReplyDelete

follow @tabithamartin Instagram

Back to Top