that time I participated in WipMarathon check-in #2

This should surprise NO ONE - I have once again deviated from my original goal AND the goal I made last week. If you guys could just spend ten minutes in my brain, you'd be running so far in the opposite direction. I promise.

Original goal was to write 40k in my newest YA contemporary. And when my brain decided to go another direction, I decided to revise my YA fantasy. And since then, I've been editing my YA urban fantasy, but I will totally blame this on my CPs who have been asking me when it's gonna be done. Okay, I get it. I need to finish already. And I should be done today (or tomorrow) depending on any curveballs life might decide to throw in the next 12 hours.

So I'm not going to even include my word count and chapter count, because it will be totally different from the last check-in post. Next week, though, I will be back on my fantasy, so hopefully I will make lots of progress on that this week.

What I learned this week in writing: So, I'm one of the contributors over at The Writer Diaries. And this week I wrote a shamefully honest post about how much being in the query trenches suck and about being heard as a writer. If you haven't read it, I would really love for you to! Check it out here.

What distracted me this week while writing: One thing: WriteOnCon. SO DISTRACTING.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your projects, all of them! :)

    I love it when writers have the courage to be ubberly honestly like that! That's a great post. Don't tell anyone, but I will also be 30 sooner than I would like. :( Lol!

    ReplyDelete

follow @tabithamartin Instagram

Back to Top